This comprehensive Heartsaver AED Course is designed to teach Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) & Automated External Defibrillator (AED) skills for the lay rescuer and first responder.
The course consists of practical instruction from qualified Irish Heart Foundation Instructors, combined with multimedia presentations. This course is ideal for individuals, sports clubs and community groups with defibrillators.
The course duration is 4 hours, 4.5 hours if infants are covered
Who should attend?
- Lay rescuers who require a formal qualification in CPR & AED.
- Anybody interested in saving a life
- Companies wishing to have an AED on their premises.
On completion of the course all participants will be able to perform the following tasks in a safe, timely and effective manner to an adult, child and where applicable an Infant:
- Make the call to the Emergency Services (999/112)
- Perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED
- Remove foreign Body in Choking Adult/Child
Irish Heart Foundation certificate valid for 2 years
Ratio: 1 instructor to 6 participants
2019 Course Dates
dates to be confirmed
Sunday 12th February
(more dates coming soon)..
Saturday 4th November
* Further dates available on request.
** More dates will be added during the year, so check in regularly!